What sets the Paradigm for Parity® coalition apart from the pack is our 5-Point Action Plan – a roadmap for companies to meet their inclusivity goals and achieve gender parity in leadership positions. Importantly, this roadmap is rooted in the personal and professional experiences of the founding members. To celebrate the one year anniversary of the launch of the Paradigm for Parity® movement, which is a coalition of companies that commit to achieve gender parity throughout their leadership ranks by 2030, we will share each of the five steps in the path to parity. Additionally, commentary from the leaders of our 60 committed companies will explain how the 5-Point Action plan is essential to bring change.
The Paradigm for Parity® 5-Point Action Plan comprises concrete, complementary steps that, when implemented together, catalyze change and enable substantial progress towards gender parity. Individually, these steps don’t move the needle. But, together, they create the right environment to successfully address the gap and propel change.
The five points of the Paradigm for Parity® Action Plan are:
- Eliminating or minimizing unconscious bias in the workplace;
- Significantly increasing the number of women in senior operating roles, with the near-term goal of at least 30% representation in all leadership groups;
- Measuring targets and maintaining accountability by providing regular progress reports;
- Basing career progress on business results and performance, rather than physical presence in the office; and
- Providing sponsors, not just mentors, to women well positioned for long term success.
We salute the first 60 companies that have pledged to follow these 5 steps to achieve gender parity in corporate leadership. Paradigm for Parity® looks forward to welcoming many more companies in the year ahead.
Tomorrow, look for the first in a series of five blogs that showcase the five points on Paradigm for Parity’s roadmap to gender parity! Join the conversation on social media with #PathtoParity.