Anthem will become second largest American company with a female CEO
NEW YORK – November 6, 2017 – Today, Anthem, Inc., a member of the Paradigm for Parity® coalition, announced Gail K. Boudreaux will be the next Chief Executive Officer and President and will also be appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors. Anthem is one of 60 companies that joined the Paradigm for Parity® coalition and pledged to follow the coalition’s 5-Point Action Plan to achieve gender parity in leadership levels by 2030.
“We applaud Anthem for naming Gail Boudreaux to be its next CEO,” said Sandra Beach Lin, Co-Chair of the Paradigm for Parity® coalition. “With this appointment, Anthem has proven its commitment to creating a new norm in the corporate world—one in which women and men have an equal opportunity to reach the top. She has the right mix of leadership and healthcare industry experience, and we look forward to continuing to work with Anthem and all 60 Paradigm for Parity companies to promote gender inclusion throughout the corporate world.”
About the Paradigm for Parity® Movement
The Paradigm for Parity® coalition is composed of CEOs, senior executives, founders, board members and business academics who are committed to achieving a new norm in corporate leadership: one in which women and men have equal power, status, and opportunity.
The coalition created the Paradigm for Parity® 5-Point Action Plan for corporations to accelerate the pace of gender equity in senior executive roles. This unique agenda defines bold and specific actions that, taken together and simultaneously implemented as a package, will catalyze change and enable today’s business executives to secure the best leaders of tomorrow.
The five points are:
- Eliminating or minimizing unconscious bias in the workplace;
- Significantly increasing the number of women in senior operating roles, with the near-term goal of at least 30% representation in all leadership groups;
- Measuring targets and maintaining accountability by providing regular progress reports;
- Basing career progress on business results and performance, rather than physical presence in the office; and
- Providing sponsors, not just mentors, to women well positioned for long term success.
60 companies have committed to follow the Paradigm for Parity® 5-Point Action Plan to achieve parity in leadership levels by 2030. Follow us on Twitter using @p4parity to learn more about this exciting initiative.